Due to COVID 19, the Extended Day office and all program sites are closed to the public beginning March 16, 2020 until further notice.
If you are in need of assistance, please call us at 530-295-2298.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
Stay healthy and safe!
EDCOE Extended Day Program
Dear Charter Extended Day Community,
The health and well-being of our students, staff and families remains our top priority. We know many in our community are feeling anxiety regarding the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19); though Governor Newsom announced a State of Emergency Wednesday afternoon, the current threat to our area remains low. During this uncertain time, the best thing we can do is reduce risk through prevention and remain informed.
The El Dorado County Health & Human Services Agency (HHSA) has created a web page with valuable resources. Click here to access the website >>
We continue to partner with our El Dorado County school districts to maintain the cleanliness of our Charter Extended Day sites, and to prevent illnesses such as the flu and common cold from spreading. These helpful hints will aid in protecting our students, staff and family members from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for no less than 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from shaking hands when greeting others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing. Try to use a tissue when you sneeze, cough or blow your nose. Quickly throw away used tissues, then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Most germs spread when a sick person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- Do not share food, utensils, beverages, towels, lip balm/lipstick, phones or anything that might become contaminated with germs.
- If you are suffering from a respiratory illness and running a fever higher than 100 degrees, remain home until you have been fever-free without the assistance of medication for at least 24 hours.
- Clean or sanitize commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs, light switches and telephones.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this together.
Program Manager, Charter Extended Day